SBS2011 - restoring data - folder empty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2011 - restoring data - folder empty

Hi to all, And thanks for your help !!!!

Here is my pb.

I have a SBS2011 backup running every night successfully
    I also use the folder redirection for "desktop" and "my documents".
    I check the box for the user to have exclusive access to his folder. ahhhrrhr

Now i have to restore some data.
    Everything works fine
    But when i try to restore a file located on a personnal "my documents" folder....... I couldn't see any data. Browsing the backup shows only empty spaces in the redirect area...

Do you think datas are backup ? or not ? How can i do to restore the data ???
    For me the system is doing the backup not the admin. And the admin don't have the right to see the data... So maybe

Just need to know how ?????

i'm waiting for your help !!

Re: SBS2011 - restoring data - folder empty

I would try taking control and seeing if the files appear -- permissions seem a very likely issue especially if other backups are restoring fine.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply but i d'ont understand what you whant me to do ???

Can you explain please

Thanks

Comment

Go to the security permissions on the folder you restored and make sure your account (the one doing the restore) has access
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It is the same situation within SBS 2008. It would appear that Windows Backup DOES NOT have the neccesary permissions to backup Users' Redirected Folders.

Maybe Microsoft expects us to use "Offline Folders" as a "backup" mechanism for "My Documents".
          Last edited by studio_two; 23rd October 2012, 10:24.

Comment

Working...
          X