Migration to 2011 - Exchange SP2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration to 2011 - Exchange SP2

I'm migrating an SBS2003 box to a new SBS2011 box. Everything so far has gone fine, but after running the migration prep tool I still have MS Exchange Server 2003 SP 2 not installed. However, we don't even have exchange installed on the source server. Is this ok to skip and just continue the migration? Should I install Exchange? Everything else I've read says I need to take care of any issue that arises in the prep tool or I will not end up in a happy place. Any advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks,

Michael

Re: Migration to 2011 - Exchange SP2

So I've been told that I can continue despite the exchange error.
    I tried, but it says cannot prepare the source server for migration and the only option is to Finish. How do I continue the migration?

Comment

I think you'll have to install Exchange. SBS 2003 had the option of not installing it, but SBS 2008 and higher does not.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thank you for your input cruachan!

I had been trying not to do that, but after you mentioned it I went ahead and installed Exchange. (I had to locate another set of SBS2003 discs as they had lost theirs) Immediately the migration prep tool finished and I was able to continue the migration.

Thanks again!

Comment

No problem, thanks for posting back.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X