RDP black screen on single IP address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP black screen on single IP address

I am getting a black screen on a single IP address when using Remote Desktop to access my SBS2011 server. RDP works internally and from other IP addresses externally. On the odd occasion an event id is generated TermDD EVent 56 stating: The terminal servevr security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client. Has anyone had this before and fixed it or know how to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Paul

Re: RDP black screen on single IP address

Never had it. Have you d it?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: RDP black screen on single IP address

I've tried approaching this problem from a different angle. Ie I'm now assuming that it's a problem at the source IP and not the destination IP. All PC's behind the IP trying to connect are having the same problem so I swapped the router and restarted the exchange server which is the DHCP and DNS. The router swap out made no difference so am now suspecting a problem with the server. Is it possible that my Windows Server 2003 R2 is causing a problem with outgoing data on port 3389? Does anyone know how I can check this?
      Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X