X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop issue with Godaddy SSL certificate on SBS 2011 Standard

Hello,

To begin, excuse my bad English...

So, I installed a Godaddy SSL certificat on a SBS 2011 Standard Server containing these 5 names :
    autodiscover.publicdomain.com, autodiscover.localdomain.local, cas01.publicdomain.com, 3xw.cas01.publicdomain.com and sbsserver.localdomain.local
    I followed the GoDaddy tuto and I can access my OWA and my "SBS remote" without certificate issue, but when I want to access my SBS server through TS (with the "remote" SBS web interface or directly with rdp at cas01.publicdomain.com) I get a certificate issue wich says that the certificate is not issued by a trusted authority and I can see that the name of the certificate is "sbsserver.localdomain.local", a self issued certificate and not hte Godaddy one...!
    I tried to delete this certificate in the "remote desktop" store and import the Godaddy one there but it is not used for TS connexion and a new self issued cert is automatically created in that "Remote Desktop" store. This self issued cert is a root certificate, when I look for details I can see : "This CA root certioficate is not trusted". When I move it in the "Trusted Root CErtificate authorities" it appear like a trusted certificate, but that doesn't fix the problem obviously, I need to use the Godaddy one for remote desktop...

Is there somebody for helping me please ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Re: Remote Desktop issue with Godaddy SSL certificate on SBS 2011 Standard

Did you generate the certificate using the Exchange Wizard?

Note that SBS prefers (maybe requires) remote.domain.com as the "public" name
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your Quick response !
      Yes, I generated the certificate using the Exchange Wizard, I have no problem with the Exchange part, OWA is working fine Without certificate issue, even the remote web page of SBS is OK. The problem is only with TS connexion.
      I saw that this issue is also occuring on another SBS server of my customers...
      Nobody Have the same problem with GoDaddy certs ? The problem is not from GoDaddy I m sure, but I followed their tutorial so...

For the remote.domain.com, is there a obligation ?

Thank you for your help !

Comment

Hello,
        I have another question which is may be stupid but I still ask.
        Why does SBS seeks to use his self-signed certificate for my SBS server when I connect through TS (directly with the mstsc command) while this server name (sbsserver.domain.local) is contained in the GoDaddy certificate ?
        I repeat, the Godaddy certificate is installed on SBS through the "Add a trusted certificat" wizzard and contain all needed names I think but not the remote.publicdomain.com, and OWA and RWW works without certificate error, the only problem appear in TS through RWW or directly with mstsc.

I would like to revoke this sef signed certificat with the certutil -revoke command but it doesn't work, I get an error. When I try to check this cert with the certutil -isvalid I get an error while others certificates appear to be valid with the same command...
        I looked around to find this cert but cannot find it in the certification authority snap-in, it appear only in the certificates snap-in under "remote Desktop" folder (store ?)...

Could someone explain me why I get that please ? I would really appreciate !

Thank you in advance !
        Last edited by Haohmaru; 28th June 2012, 11:24.

Comment

Hi what do u mean by exchange wizard?
          Do u mean the one in the sbs console?
          pls provide us with the link of the go daddy tuto
          i have done several cert request at a sbs 2011 at go daddy
          never had a problem

Comment

Sorry for the delay !
            For the Exchange 2010 Wizzard, it's when you add a new Exchange certificate in Server Configuration.
            Here is the link of the GoDaddy Tutorial : http support.godaddy.com/help/article/6086/generating-a-certificate-signing-request-csr--exchange-server-2010

Maybe we must put remote in the certificate...?

I installed a new GoDaddy cert successfuly, this time I followed ALL the SBS Wizzards on another SBS server, so...
            Is there a solution to fix my previous issue ?

Thank you for your help !
            Last edited by Haohmaru; 10th July 2012, 16:40.

Comment

Try to rerun the wizards.
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
              X