Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Server 2008 R2 setup failing on SBS 2011 Premium

Hi

Trying to install SQL onto a Windows Server 2008 R2 server (both of which were bought as the premium add-on) and I am getting the error that the OS is not supported.

Some reading leads me to believe this is failing on the SBS Environment check, am I correct to assume that because I am still migrating from 2003 to 2011, this is the reason why it is failing?

Re: SQL Server 2008 R2 setup failing on SBS 2011 Premium

I don't think there is a connection. What does the setup log say?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I'm not quite sure where to look for a more detailed log, but the SQL installer & HTML error report just say it failed on the SBS Environment check...

Comment

Fixed.

Had some replication issues between the migration and FSMO roles got a bit messed up.

Also (and more relevant I think) DNS was pointing to the old server!

Comment

So fixing the DNS should be easy. WRT the FSMO roles you can always "seize" them with ntdsutil.
          TIA

sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

Even simpler, just rebooted the servers

Comment

Well, that was easy!
              Glad it worked.
              TIA

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X