No announcement yet.

SBS2003-2011 Exchange Question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003-2011 Exchange Question

I am currently migrationg SBS2003 to SBS2011 Std following Dematzer's guide.

Migrating users across now and I have found some problems. Firewall is still pointing to old server for https/smtp. New server is all SSL'ed up.

1. Any users with a mailbox on the old server are fine, can access outlook/owa.

2. Any users on the new server cannot even log in via webapp internally, after logging in they just get a blank page

3. Any users with a mailbox on the new server cannot even open Outlook.

Looks like it'll be another 24-36 hours yet before I'm completely done migrating the exchange mailboxes, wanted to basically verify co-existence is going to be working for Monday..!

Re: SBS2003-2011 Exchange Question

external users won't be able to access mailboxes on the new server - Exchange cannot proxy the front-end between 2010/2003.

Any of the existing clients who cannot open outlook, you will need to recreate their profile I suspect.

users with mailboxes on the new server need to logon to the OWA for the new server, not the old one.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point