No announcement yet.

Sharepoint upgrade 2.0 to 3.0 / 2010

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint upgrade 2.0 to 3.0 / 2010

I am a bit stuck and am hoping someone can help. I know my way around a computer, but know very little about sharepoint.

We have a client who uses companyweb on a SBS 2003 server, version 2.0. The server is failing, so they have purchased a new server running SBS 2011. I need to move the companyweb site (includes many documents they use on a day to day basis), to SBS 2011.

The guide I am following involves having a staging server running 3.0, moving the 2.0 databases to it, attaching and upgrading these, before moving on to 2011 server. I am up to part 4 on the guide. I have moved my databases from the 2.0 server, and used SSEE to attach the databases, and am using the following command to import these in to sharepoint v 3.0. I believe as part of this process the databases are upgraded. However, the upgrade fails and the log shows the following errors.

I am running all of this in virtual machines at the moment, so I know what im doing before running it on a live system. Can anyone advise?

stsadm -o addcontentdb -url http: // SERVERNAME -databasebasename DATABASENAME

Error log attached.

Thanks in advnce for any help. This is pretty urgent and I have been stuck for a couple of days. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharepoint upgrade 2.0 to 3.0 / 2010

Sorry, but no way am I opening a zip file from an unknown source -- there could be ANYTHING in there

Please post as a txt file so no risk of viruses/malware

Also can you post a link to the guide you are using (remove the HTTP as you cannot post live links yet)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Its zipped because the txt is too big. Fair enough though, ill try cut some out to shrink it.

The website address is:

First error is:

[SPContentDatabaseSequence] [ERROR] [5/29/2012 10:16:14 AM]: Action of Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPContentDatabaseSequ ence failed.
        [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [ERROR] [5/29/2012 10:16:14 AM]: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
        [SPContentDatabaseSequence] [ERROR] [5/29/2012 10:16:14 AM]: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni Error(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni (DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPac ket(Int32 bytesExpected)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuf fer()
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByt e()
        at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Att emptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Log inNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
        at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
        at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject)
        at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
        at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject)
        at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
        at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
        at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SqlSession.OpenConn ection()
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.TransactionalSqlSes sion.OpenConnection()
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SqlSession.ExecuteN onQuery(SqlCommand command)
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDatabaseSequence.Ex ecuteDataDefinitionMethodCore(SqlSession sqlSession, ISqlSession isqlSession, String sqlscript, SPSqlCommandFactory sqlcmdFactory, String[] strTables, Int32[] nThroughputs, SPLog logGlobal)
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDatabaseWssAction.E xecuteDataDefinitionMethod(ISqlSession sqlSession, String sqlscript)
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.AddContentTypesToList s.Upgrade()
        at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPActionSequence.Upgr ade()

Right ive chopped out the middle to shrink it, I think all the errors are still in.

Thanks again for your time.
          Attached Files