Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 t0 2011 migration RWW issue with some users

Hi all,

I'm almost finished doing a migration for a client but I'm having issues with some users not being able to access RWW. It's only some users that are having issues. Admin can access, some existing users can access, and all newly created test users can access RWW.

When a user tries to log on they receive "Remote Web Access is not allowed for your user account. Contact the person who manages your server."
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RWW_logon.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	469584

Here's what I did:
    - I verified the user is in the proper groups (SBS RWW, SBS Links)
    - Make sure the user object is inheriting security permissions in AD
    - Change the user to a new role in the SBS console
    - Rebooted the server (you know, just in case...)

I also looked at the C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Logs\WebApp\RemoteAccess.log and wasn't able to discern the errors in the log. I've attached them here. RemoteLog.txt

I am not sure what the issue is. Has anyone else see this issue?
    I have seen others post about it but it's usually only admins have access or all migrated users don't have access...

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Re: SBS 2003 t0 2011 migration RWW issue with some users

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-49ddbffbf095/
    seems to suggest some permissions haven't come across in the migration. Initial issue is different but the RemoteAccess log matches the error in yours.

Also, what's your patch level? IIRC UR1 for SBS had some RWA fixes, although I think they were language related.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

The link is for SBS 2011 Essentials and so the groups are different. I had already did a group comparison of a working user and non-working user. No luck there. I'll take another look at it though.

As for the Rollup, I also had already install UR2.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Have you tried UTFW?
        Go into the SBS console/Users and on the specific users properties check to which computers the user has access.
        Assuming of course that none of the computers are "home" editions to which you will have NO access.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

The user I'm testing with I did assign to a specific computer using the SBS console.

Are you saying that the computer a user is assigned to could have an effect on weather or not they're allowed access? I get the same result when the user isn't assigned to any computer.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: SBS 2003 to 2011 migration RWW issue with some users

OK, so I broke down and contacted MS support.
            I got a good tech this time.

The issue was that one of the users had a forward slash in their full name/display name. Apparently they've been having issues with SBS UR2 where forward slashes were causing issues. I think it must have something to do with the parsing of group memberships that RWW does.

Anyways, removing the forward slash from the user allowed other users to logon. I still have to test all the other users but I think we've found the problem.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X