No announcement yet.

Problem logging on to SBS 2008

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem logging on to SBS 2008

We seem to be having a problem logging on to SBS 2008 with our admin account:

We get this error "the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded"

Since this issue started we also have the following errors in the logs which may be related?

Event ID 4999
    Watson report about to be sent to dw20.exe for process id: 10252, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 08.03.0245.000, M.E.C.ReplayService, mscorlib, M.W.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey, S.IO.IOException, 9556, 02.00.50727.4216. ErrorReportingEnabled: False

Event ID 7031
    The Microsoft Exchange Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Event ID 1125
    The processing of Group Policy failed because of an internal system error. Please see the Group Policy operational log for the specific error message. An attempt will be made to process Group Policy again at the next refresh cycle.

Help appreciated

Re: Problem logging on to SBS 2008

are there any accounts other than the admin, that have permissions to logon ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Problem logging on to SBS 2008

Yes there is another admin account.
      I logged in to that account and tried to create a further admin account and that was the account that gave me that error.

"Admin account 1" doesn't allow me to logon and is showing as .bak in the registry

"Admin account 2" will allow me to logon but the server appears very slow

"Admin account 3" which I created while logged on to "2" will not allow me to logon (and doesn't appear in the registry)

I am unable to rename the 1st admin account and remove .bak