POP3 Connector Not Getting Email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 Connector Not Getting Email

Hey Guys, i have a SBS2012 Standard with exchange working with no problems, except with one account, that i cant understand what is happening. I'm using SBS Pop3 Connector to fetch mails and deliver to exchange accounts. Now there is one account only, that doesent fetch the mails between 2PM and 6PM, the other 6 account works normaly every day. I have deleted the account from the pop3 connector and added again. I have searched for everything possible, online time for that account, i have put everyday 24Hrs. Anyone has an idea what can be the problem ?

Best Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Re: POP3 Connector Not Getting Email

Have you checked that it is not a limitation at the ISP? Can you "download" the mails using telnet at those times?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi there teiger, i have tried to telnet and make a list of the mails, and they are all there, but didnt try to download them, i will try to do that tomorrow just to see. But anyway, it is very strange. Is there any log from the pop3 connector for exchange?

regards
      Kevin
      Last edited by kevinguerreiro; 4th May 2012, 00:37.

Comment

I think if you go into the POP3 Connector manager where you setup the accounts one of the options is to change the logging level. Be warned, if you set it to maximum you will get huge amounts of info, so I'd only set it that way whilst investigating then change it back to normal.

That's where it was on 2003, I've managed to kick all of my customers off POP3 so haven't used it in a while.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Just to add to Cruachan's post: the log file is the application event log in Event Viewer.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X