RWW on SBS 2008 via Mac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWW on SBS 2008 via Mac?

I have a client whose windows box recently died at home. They were using Remote Web Workplace to connect to their work PC occasionally. They have a new mac box at home as well and was wondering if they could connect to RWW with it.

I believe RWW uses an Active X plugin on IE / Windows to enable you to remote in. From my research I don't believe there's a way to remote in on a Mac via RWW, but I thought I'd ask here just in case I'm missing something. Yes, I've already tried it from my Mac Mini and the connect to PC button doesn't show up.

Yes, I'm aware we could set up a VPN and punch a hole in the network to do RDP, or use GoToAssist or the like
    Last edited by Wired; 24th April 2012, 16:17.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: RWW on SBS 2008 via Mac?

If RWW doesn't work then try this. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/remote-desktop-client
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Already aware of RDP (see above)
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Damn, and I remember reading it too. Must get off these bloody drugs, err medication.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer-bar.gif
Views:	12
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	466500 Click image for larger version

Name:	drunk1.gif
Views:	6
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	466501 Click image for larger version

Name:	ambulance.gif
Views:	3
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	466502
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We've setup PPTP VPNs and then used RDP internally in this situation. We've even had to do that for a couple of directors at various places who utterly refuse to use IE.

Anyway, unless things have changed recently, you can't use RWW without using IE and the ActiveX plugin.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X