Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migrating or repair SBS 2008 installation

Hello,

The history of my question can you find here: social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/thread/2ee2bd09-a7af-4fb7-8113-717c557d7d8b/#bdcf4b2e-ccf1-496f-a8d6-22457ddd5f06

The server of our customer is an old one so we want to replace the server.

We have a problem with DCOM and Windows Installer, so I cannot set the old server in migration mode with sourcetool.msi

Is there an manual way to set the old SBS server in Migration mode?
    I have tried to repair Windows installer with no luck. (re-register and many registry key's changed...)

Regards,

Ahuibers

Re: migrating or repair SBS 2008 installation

By doing a swing migration from your existing SBS back to the same version, you will probably get your DCOM and Installer back in a working condition.
    Last edited by teiger; 6th April 2012, 13:28. Reason: typo
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I think I do not understand wat you mean by that. Migrating froms source server to source server?

Comment

Please look up "SBS Swing Migration" and familiarise yourself with the process(Payment required).
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X