Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA in SBS2011 not authorized from the internet

Hi,

I'm setting up a new domain, based on a SBS2011 machine. The problem is that I can't get OWA to work from outside the company. When I try to reach it, i get the following error in IE9,

You are not authorized to view this page
    The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

These are the things I've done and verrified so far,

- At my ISP I configured DNS to forward https://webmail.mydomain.com to the correct public IP of my company

- Configured my firewall to forward port 443 to the IP address of the SBS2011 inside the LAN.

- In Exchange Management Console I configured OWA to use https://webmail.mydomain.com/owa for both internal and external address.

- OWA is working from the SBS itself and from a client computer in the same network and domain.

- In IIS 7 i checked for any restrictions configured on the default website. There are none configured as far as i can see.

Any suggestions on how to fix this are more then welcome!!

Re: OWA in SBS2011 not authorized from the internet

Since it is SBS, the recommendation is to UTFW -- I believe it prefers remote.domain.com so you could try that
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply. What is UTFW?? can you be a bit more specific?

Comment

The first acronym any SBS admin must learn
        "Use The Friendly Wizard" (or something like that )
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It's an IIS misconfiguration.
          someone has told it not to accept traffic from specific locations, or to only accept from specific locations.
          what firewall are you using ?

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

As said above use the wizards in the sbs console to reconfigure and u should be ok.
            if you go manual in sbs you run in to trouble if you have not enough experience.
            i can also recommend the sbs course from trainsignal...
            Also open port25, 987 to yr server.
            check with a tool from outside if the correct ports realy are open.
            Last edited by mhoogev; 4th April 2012, 20:39. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
            X