No announcement yet.

SBS 2008 info for email setup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 info for email setup

We have SBS 2008 and I was needing step by step instructions on how to get the email working for Exchange 2007. Who can help us with our DNS? Our ISP?
    We want to do a domain setup. etc...
    Please advise and thanks.

Re: SBS 2008 info for email setup

Look.. I'm sorry but if you're asking for that much blanket information, I would strongly recommend you employ a consultant to assist you with this, or undertake some training such as Trainsignal's videos first.

there are plenty (and by that I probably mean thousands) of guides on the internet that provide step by step instructions for you. You'll find the members here at are more likely to answer specific questions and provide guidelines, than try and walk you through it all step by step.

the closest you'll get for step-by-step from me is:
    1) unpack server and connect relevant wires
    2) turn on server, isntall software from media
    3) follow bouncing ball, filling out details for your network as outlined in your pre-build plan.
    4) make dns entry changes in your dns control panel for public dns
    5) run through the steps that are presented when you first logon to the SBS server
    6) document things.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: SBS 2008 info for email setup

Since it is SBS, the above reduces to "UTFW" (Use The Friendly Wizard)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **