Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different email addresses / 1 server

Good morning!

Is there a way for me to have multiple domain emails coming assigned to users within one sbs2011 server? for example:

[email protected]
    [email protected]

is it more than just adding the address to ADU&C?

Thanks in advance =)

Re: different email addresses / 1 server

As long as it is incoming emails, all you need to do is:
    Create an Accepted Domain
    Create an Address Policy
    Set appropriate MX records

Sending emails will always go from the primary SMTP address
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

seems easy enough haha

Thanks for the help- man I love this place.

Comment

And if you want to send out using either domain, I have a method wherby you can configure Outlook to do so. Contact me via Messages, if relevant.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Steven, do you want to post that method -- I have a few clients who would be interested
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yep also intrested

Comment

Could you not add the accounts to which are recieving the mail, if its one account with different smtp address's then from that account add the from field within outlook and send from the different account\@domain?

Not tested but thought I would see if I was close?

Comment

Basically, that sounds like it, but I'll fill in the details.
                First you need to set up a POP3 account for your secondary domain ie your e-mail address is user @domain2.com. The important part is that the outgoing mail (SMTP) server is your exchange, you must authenticate to it , using the same settings as your "incoming"
                You then need to get to the Define Send/Receive Groups Settings (how you do that depends on your OL Version) and make a group of both your primary exchange and secondary Internet (POP3/SMTP) account. For this secondary account, edit the settings to send only. This is the key to allowing you to send under the secondary address, but it doesn't work outside the LAN unless you connect via VPN.
                Now when you create a new mail you have the option to choose from which account to send.

Maybe I'll write this up more fully at some point with screen shots and get Daniel to post it to the main site.

HTH
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                X