No announcement yet.

Reports tab on SBS 2011 console crashes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports tab on SBS 2011 console crashes

I have a virtual server running SBS 2011 (completed a swing migration from SBS2003 early 2011). I'm nto quite sure when it started happening as I don't always use the Reports tab, but when you click on the reports tab in the server console says it's querying and then the window that says the SBS 2011 Standard Console has stopped working.

Errors in the Application Log are:
    Event 1026 .NET Runtime
    Application: Console.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Syste m.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.SignatureStruct ByRef, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System. Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckDo(ThreadMethodEntry)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckHelper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Syste m.Object)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ck(ThreadMethodEntry)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba cks()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Window s.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallba ck(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchM essageW(MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Console.Program.M ain(System.String[])

Application Error 1000
    Faulting application name: Console.exe, version: 6.1.7900.1, time stamp: 0x4ce6d9cf
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e21213c
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000cacd
    Faulting process id: 0xf1c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd05779d411f3a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\Console.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

I have had a look and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about the reporting tab crashing.

I am logging in as a user that has administrator credentials, have tried repairing the .net installation and repairing the console, even tried starting the console in safe mode, checked the index service is started and tried logging in as the Administrator and made sure that the app data folder hasn't been redirected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by exclusiveright; 19th March 2012, 03:35. Reason: Adding further information

Re: Reports tab on SBS 2011 console crashes

Have you by any chance messed with the WSUS configuration? e.g. deleted one of the default groups in WSUS?

I would download and run the SBS BPA and see if it says anything (the 2011 BPA hasn't shown me much when I run it)

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

We had that happen when another user was logged into the console with the console, and one was logged in remotely trying to open it.

Thanks all for your comments. It seems there were a few things not working. Checking the monitoring database there were no users in there at all. Also the Windows SBS Manager service wouldn't stay started. Unfortunately we had to do a restore of the SQL Monitoring database to get it back working and then reboot the server and wait patiently for about 24 hours.

Thanks all again. I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks for posting back. Reputation points added for doing so.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]

Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.