X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2008 and ASA

Hi,

Hope you good folks can help!

I just helped a friend with an office move. They used to use SBS2008 with an old ISA server as their gateway. When they moved offices they asked me to set up an ASA5510 for them. They have another business in the office next door, also on SBS2008 and also WAS using an ISA (different one).

The next door office works fine. The office we moved keeps getting password prompts on the Outlook 2010 clients. I cannot for the life of me see why this is happening. Can some kind should please help me shed some light this? The users can work around it but it is rather annoying for them.

Not sure if it's related but when I set up a new account and configure an outlook profile for it I get a password prompt, if I cancel it a few times (or enter a password) it pops up a certificate warning, I then accept that and the NEXT password prompt accepts the pass and completes the set up. When I then open outlook up it password prompts again.
    Last edited by Fridgemagnet2012; 18th March 2012, 23:55.

Re: SBS2008 and ASA

Which ISA server ? 2000, 2004, 2006? Do they have the Firewall client still installed on this client?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi Teiger,

I'm not sure. They left the ISA behind when they left the old site. And I don't think the client is installed.

Comment

Is the certificate installed on the client? Is it current and not expired - also does it have the correct name on it (e.g. remote.domain.com)?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X