Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single OEM SBS 2003 on two different machines

Hello,

Can we use Single OEM pack of SBS 2003 on two different machines.
    One as File and print machine & second as mail server. What are Licensing requirements and technical procedure to distribute the server roles.

Thanks,

Ebrahim

Re: Single OEM SBS 2003 on two different machines

All in one All components of the SBS on the same server (up 2 CPU's and 4 GB RAM).
    There no real logic to buy today SBS license. The migration from one hardware
    to a new one or/and to new SBS hard and complex.
    I think that buy Windows 2003 and Rxchange 2003 is more cosr effective.

Regards,

Yuval
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

No you cannot do this using the same cd.

Comment

Hello,

Thank You All.

In short I should plan for better hardware configuration for the server if I am to go for SBS 2003. Or two seperate products i.e w2k3 and exch2k3.

Ebrahim

Comment

Thanks All

Hello,

Thank You All.

In short I should plan for better hardware configuration for the server if I am to go for SBS 2003. Or two seperate products i.e w2k3 and exch2k3.

Ebrahim

Comment

Correct.

But if you have to split the roles of an already installed SBS2003 box onto more than one server (i.e. you want to move Exchange to a different server) you can get a transistion pack from MS. This will effectivly give you Box Products for SBS (there is a seperate transition pack for standard and premium). You can also get transistion packs for you CALs. I've priced this up once and it is marginally cheaper to get the Server transition pack as opposed buying seperate products again. But the CAL transition pack seems to be about twice the price of a new standalone win2k3/exchange2k3 CAL bundle? work that one out.

Comment

Working...
            X