Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 & 2008 Server

Hello,

We have SBS 2003 server and also a Windows 2008 server, I was thinking about making the 2008 a BDC forr when the 2003 sbs is down people could still login.

Any thoughts or issues I should consider?

Re: SBS 2003 & 2008 Server

No issues.

Thoughts:

All of the resources users need are on the SBS server so being able to login to the domain when SBS is down is not buying you much.

Comment

You will need to extend the AD schema on the SBS before you can DCPromo the 2008 box -- use adprep from the 2008 media (x86 or x64 depending on SBS architecture -- should be x86?)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It is a well known axiom that time spent on getting the SBS back up and running is usually more effective than all other work arounds.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X