Account Renaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Renaming

An employee was recently married and wanted her email address and other account identification changed to her married name. I used the rename account wizard and added a new email address via AD and set it as the primary amail address. Her emails are working fine, however, I'm unable to get her "My documents" to point at her new directory structure in "Home Folders". I have attempted to alter the location via the properties menu of "My documents" to no avail and I've tried to change it via "Shell Folders" in regedit to no avail.

I must be missing something and I am unable to determine the piece of the puzzle that I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, for clarification, I'm attempting to point a users "My documents" to a new folder on our network server that houses our "Home Folders" for all users.

Thank you,
    Papillon

Re: Account Renaming

Have you changed the username too?
    Are you using offline files? If so, try deleting the cache.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      Have you changed the username too?
      Are you using offline files? If so, try deleting the cache.
      Yea, the rename wizard allowed me to simply rename the old account with the new account name. Then in the properties of the new account I added the new email address. Everything is working fine from an email standpoint, but I can't change her My Documents target from her old directory to her new one. I can map a network drive for her and I've instructed her not to use the My Documents shortcuts for now.

We do use synchronization if that's what you asking about the offline files. Or, are you talking about running Outlook in cached mode? We do that also.

Thanks for your insight and help.

Comment

The synchronization is for Offline Files.

You should reinitialize the offline file cache since it will be trying to sync with the old location. Once that is done then check to see if folder redirection works.
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230738
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X