cambece office sbs 2003 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cambece office sbs 2003 problem

I have a 2000 server domain. I just added sbs2003 in prep for exchange. Is it required to transfer FSMO to the sbs2003 server? Or can it stay with the old 2000 server. ps, the 2000 server also is DNS and DHCP server.

thanks
    JA cambece

Re: cambece office sbs 2003 problem

I always thought that SBS had to be the only DC in a domain, it couldn't join a domain.

Comment

Popular misconception:
      There can only be one domain (no trusts - or soon to be, federated domains)
      It has to be head of the domain /forest hence you must transfer all FSMO roles to the SBS. It should also be a GC.
      You can have as many other servers in your domain, member or DC, as you wish up to the limit of 75.
      Acambece, Do your two server replicate OK?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger
        Popular misconception:
        There can only be one domain (no trusts - or soon to be, federated domains)
        It has to be head of the domain /forest hence you must transfer all FSMO roles to the SBS. It should also be a GC.
        You can have as many other servers in your domain, member or DC, as you wish up to the limit of 75.
        Acambece, Do your two server replicate OK?
        Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
        X