Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs not working, Please Help!!

Hi there.

We have recently installed a new Server running SBS2011, I have setup a domain and connected users to this domain.

When connected to the Domain, Most programs on the client pcs run great, some wont work at all, they usually crash on start up, However when i log the user onto there Local windows accounts, These programs work without fail.

I have configured All users as Local administrators on there own workstations, Still nothing has worked, and im running out of ideas,

Perhaps is there a GP hiding somewhere what allows users to run programs normally?

Kind Regards

Chris

Re: Programs not working, Please Help!!

Hi you might want to log onto one of the machines that are not working then run a GPRESULT command from the command prompt and see what GPO's are applying to the workstation and check the GPO settings, GPO's don't hide a GPRESULT command with show you what GPO's are applied,

Second thing I would check is, are any of the applications on the worksations connecting to a share on the network that they might not have permissions to,

I would also check the programs in question and see if they are writting to the users profile and if so check that the users have full access to change there own profiles, let me know how you go thanks.

Comment

i wou,d definitely by tryirng to sort out one app at a time. itcould be almost anything.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi Chris
        wich programs are we talking about?
        it is normal when you have a computer joined to the domain
        that your users have a clean profile profile when they first logon.
        is the software running on the server or local?

sometimes a reinstall helps if it is a local program
        be sure you do it under the user who is working on that pc as they have the admin rights anyway.

another way to solve is to contact the vendor. and ask them if there known issues

out of the box there should be no problem with gpo sitting in the way to prevent your programs working at least in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by mhoogev View Post
          Hi Chris
          wich programs are we talking about?
          it is normal when you have a computer joined to the domain
          that your users have a clean profile profile when they first logon.
          is the software running on the server or local?

sometimes a reinstall helps if it is a local program
          be sure you do it under the user who is working on that pc as they have the admin rights anyway.

another way to solve is to contact the vendor. and ask them if there known issues

out of the box there should be no problem with gpo sitting in the way to prevent your programs working at least in most cases.

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to fix afew programs by Reinstalling them under Administrator credentials. I Noticed that Local Administrator was set at server level, but on the client PC, Administrator was not updated, Had to do this manually, Also User Access Control was the cause for another.

There is only one left what i am having dramas with, and thats 'Express PCB/SCH' Crashes with "Run-Time Error 5, Invalid procedure call or argument" when i try to run it. However when logged on to the local system it runs flawlessly. Have tried reinstalling, still no joy.

Comment

Working...
          X