Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Connect to my computer at work" not working

Hey guys.

I've racked my brain with this, but when I go to my sbs server's site online and attempt to "connect to my computer at work" I get the error "The client could not connect to the remote computer blah blah"

On the local network, I can connect fine. I do have a firewall with the terminal service ports pointing to the server, but I'm not sure that its the problem.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    -adam

Re: "Connect to my computer at work" not working

Did you connect the computer you are trying to connect to with the <sbserver>/connectcomputer site as this enables the necessary settings?
    If not go to the workstation in question and RT-click My Computer/Properties/Remote. Who apopears under Remote desktop users? Is the user you want listed?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: &quot;Connect to my computer at work&quot; not working

teiger,

I'm fairly sure it has nothing to do with that, all of it is correct.

When I am on the local network, I can log onto the site and connect to other computers via the web browser just fine, but when I am outside of the network, it will not work.

I do not know if it is the firewall or something to do with permissions on the server.

-Adam

Comment

Re: &quot;Connect to my computer at work&quot; not working

Make sure port 4125 is forwarded to your server in your router. This is *not* the same port as used by Terminal services.

Comment

Working...
        X