Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swing Migration from SBS 2000 to SBS 2011?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing Migration from SBS 2000 to SBS 2011?

Hi,

Has anyone done a Swing Migration from SBS 2000 to 2011?

We have a trusty SBS 2000 install that we've been very happy with. Unfortunately, it's now LONG overdue for a software and hardware upgrade.

We really use the SBS, 20+ users, Exchange, SQL, IIS, file, print... everything except ISA, I think. So... I don't want to start from scratch if at all possible.

I know about SBSMigration.com. I filled out their contact form last week, asking if SBS 2000 to 2011 is "doable" or not... haven't heard back yet. They might be busy.

Thanks.

Re: Swing Migration from SBS 2000 to SBS 2011?

Errrr, did you read the sticky post at the top of the forum here?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Umm.... I don't see a sticky thread that relates to SBS 2000 migrations direct to 2011. But thanks anyway. After some more research, I'm going to have to go via Windows 2003 somehow, in order to have a chance to rename the Single Level Domain that is completely incompatible w/newer Exchange and Windows Server.

Comment

Well, 2000 to 2008 is basically the same as 2000 to 2011.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks teiger, that's good to know.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised... since both are W2K8. I guess Exchange is newer...

Comment

Working...
          X