Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2010 On SBS 2008

Hello All,

I am running SBS2008 and everything working perfectly.
    However there is one issue that botthers me.
    when clients (inside the network ) are trying to open the outlook which connected to the sbs and exchnage , a pop up message appears with wrong certificate.
    I am sure you all are familiar with this issue but I was not able to figure it out.
    more details :

internal domain name is : xxx.local
    external domain name is : mail.xxx.com
    I have go daddy certificate for the owa and its working good.
    so why do i still get the certificate error when I open up the outlook 2010 on the clients? its tells me about "remote.xxx.com
    I am comfused with so much addresses.....

more details - in my dns settings I have like 2 zones....
    under my server name I have :
    1. "remote.xxx.com" ( which i basicalley do not need !! why is it there ???! can I Just remove it??)
    2. xxx.local

Do I need to add an A record in my dns for the mail.xxx.com ???

In addition , I have noticed that this issue as something to do with the AUTODISCOVER file....
    so I allready run theese commands on my server (which helped to solve the problem only on the outllok 2007 clients but not on the 2010 clients ):

set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity "SBS2008\EWS (SBS Web Applications)" -ExternalUrl hxxxps://mail.**********.com/EWS/Exchange.aspx

and
    set-ClientAccessServer -Identity SBS2008 -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri hxxxps://mail.******.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Please help me out...

10x in advance
    Amir
    Last edited by biggles77; 16th January 2012, 06:06. Reason: Fix :x smilie issue

Re: Outlook 2010 On SBS 2008

What names do you have on the certificate?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

my certificate was purchase for "mail.xxx.com"

also my owa go to : "httxxps://mail.xxx.com"

Comment

You should really have a SAN certificate with:
        remote.domain.com
        autodiscover.domain.com
        server
        server.domain.local
        (optionally mail.domain.com)

SBS is set up to expect remote.domain.com as a bare minimum
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

and DON'T remove the extra domain from the DNS - it is there so that remote.domain.com works both inside and outside the LAN.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

And this is why i never change the default names on the sbs unless i realy have to.
            i`ve noticed at several clients sites wich i took over that the public
            name is mail.domain.com with all of them i had the same kind of issues.

Comment

You can rerun the Internet Address Management wizard and change it to mail.domain.com. Doing this will make sure all the SBS services function correctly for "mail." instead of "remote."

Click image for larger version

Name:	SBSconfig.png
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	466446

In my experience I've not needed a SAN cert.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
              X