Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQL 2008 R2 small business server OS edition check fails on SBS 2011 premium install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL 2008 R2 small business server OS edition check fails on SBS 2011 premium install

I am having trouble installing SQL 2008 Small Business Edition on top of MS 2008 std from the SBS premium suite. I recieve the SQL Server 2008 R2 setup log error stateing "Operating system supported for edition "Failed". The specific error is "EditionRequirementCheck Failed" This SQL server edition is not supported on this operating system.
    The SQL 2008 server is a valid SBS domain member server and sees the SBS domain just fine. I have tried re-installing the OS. Not selecting any options except the SQL engine, verbose logging as per How to diagnose "Operating system supported for edition" pre-requisite errors while installing SQL 2008 Standard Edition for Small Business with no success. (no log.txt generated), enabled browsing, and other items with no luck.
    I got the software from MVLS under the specific SBS 2011 premium section. It doesnt seem right or sees something to keep it from installing. The SBS AD box is clean with all FSMO and root functions assigned to it. There are no trust relationships or child domains. I have licenses for 75 users. Of course there is no tool, log or utility to find what the actual issue the SQL installation is seeing. SOS! Help!!!

Re: SQL 2008 R2 small business server OS edition check fails on SBS 2011 premium inst

Are u installing the SQL on the same box?

Comment

Re: SQL 2008 R2 small business server OS edition check fails on SBS 2011 premium inst

No. It is a different 2nd box from the MS SBS 2011 Premium suite server 2008 download.

I meet all prerequisites that can be verified.
      I am installing it on the SBS Premium Server 2008 R2 OS from MVLS with the ISO file ending in 29732.
      I am on a valid SBS 2011 domain.
      The new SQL box is joined to the domain as a member server.
      THe SBS server contains alll FSMO roles and is the root of the AD.
      There are no trust relationships or child domains.
      There is NO way that I can find to determine the number of user and device licenses that it "senses" on the domain. I dont know which ones to count. I am licensed for 75 users and have less than that useing the network. There is no licensing monitor or meathod I can find to actually verify what the SQL install sees.
      I am doing all this logged in as the domain admin.
      The troubleshooting steps at the bottom of the post refrenced do not work or I am doing them wrong. I cannot find an output file when I enable verbose logging for the SQL install. I believe if I figure out how it may point the way to the block. Thanks

Comment

Alright correct me if i`m wrong
        i`m not native English so what i understand is that you try to install on sbs 2011.
        I did several installs never had a problem.
        Install yr sbs 2011 on the server
        in de dvdbox is a seperate server 2008 r2 install dvd,
        u use this one on a seperate (physical)server after updates joining domain etc u install sql on the server 2008 r2 serverthis dvd is also found in that dvdbox.
        my question did u do the above?

Comment

Working...
        X