Can't Connect to CompanyWeb Externally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Connect to CompanyWeb Externally

Trying to connect to the Internal Website from outside my domain.

SBS 2008. I can connect to RWW (via https://externalIP/remote), I login in and then I click on the link for internal website. A new IE window opens and I am prompted to login in again (So I do). Then after a bit of time I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Companyweb works just fine inside my domain, I can get to it from the server and client workstations.

I have turned off the firewall on the server, the hardware firewall is forwarding Port 987, 443 and 80 to the server.

I am all out of Ideas.

Re: Can't Connect to CompanyWeb Externally

I was using the external IP sice we do not have remote.domain.com registered. For testing purposes, I added remote.domain.com to my hosts file so I could connect that way. Once I did this I could connect to the companyweb. Why does this matter? Why can't I just use the external IP?

Comment

It might something to do with the Alternate Access Mappings of SharePoint. Assuming you are using SharePoint.

Comment

thanks. it looks like if I add the external IP as an alternate mapping I can connect that way

Comment

Working...
        X