SBS 2011, The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011, The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs

I installed SP1 on a new SBS 2011 Hyper-V VM and dow I can't connect the Exchange Management Console. I get this arror:

Description:
    The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs: WSMAN/dcname.domain.tld; WSMAN/dcname.
    Additional Data
    The error received was 8344: %%8344.

I read a solution from a post that said,

"Since that WinRM runs under “Network Service” account, I was able to fix this warning by granting the “Validated Write to Service Principal Name” permission to the NETWORK SERVICE using the ADSIEDIT.msc. This will allow WinRM to auto create the necessary SPNs on that domain controller. After granting this permission, re-sync all DCs and do a reboot to each domain controller where you did the change, a couple of minutes after that reboot you’ll see that the warning is gone and the required SPNs were created successfully."

http://srvcore.wordpress.com/2010/01...vent-id-10154/

In ADSIEDIT i went to the properties - security for mydomain.local and looked at the Netwrok Service permissions but I did not see “Validated Write to Service Principal Name”. Cany anyone help? This server is supposed to go into production next Monday.

Thanks,
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: SBS 2011, The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs

Not so sure with SBS but when I ahve had an issue with SPNs in the past, I have used setspn.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...41(WS.10).aspx

Comment

Re: SBS 2011, The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs

{update}

Exchange did not like being disconnected from the network. As soon as I removed the old SBS 2003 server and connected by new server, the Exchange Management Console initialized.
      Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Working...
      X