SBS 2011 / Exchange / Outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 / Exchange / Outlook

Does SBS 2011 not install any kind of client email software such as Outlook.

Our SBS 2003 would install Outlook 2003 as part of connecting to the server.

Anyway to get Windows Live Mail to work?

What do most most people do?

I couldn't deside if this was SBS or Exchange but since our SBS installs Outlook I went with SBS.

Thanks

TuckerJ

Re: SBS 2011 / Exchange / Outlook

Outlook is no longer included with an SBS client license -- you can use OWA or purchase Office licenses separately
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Again, this is not exclusive to SBS. Exchange 2003 included an Outlook license with it. Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 do NOT. So when the SBS team incorporated the respective products into the different versions, the licensing was acquired accordingly!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks folks. Outlook 2010 licenses on the way.

Don't wander far off, I'm not done.

Thanks again
        TuckerJ

Comment

Working...
        X