Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003 - SBS2011 Migration

Hi.

Tried to do a SBS2003 migration to SBS2011 this afternoon. Downloaded the Migration Doc from Microsoft and followed it perfectly. However there is no Tools folder on my SBS disks with the sourcetool.exe file(They are not hidden). So I cant run the run the preparation tool and generate the answerfile. Really dont want to do the fresh install and not prepared to purchase a 3rd party migration kit. Got the SBS2011 premium OEM. Is it possible to migrate with the OEM version? Cant find anything on google. Or can someone point to a link were I can download this tools folder.

Thanks in advance
    ANdrew

Re: SBS2003 - SBS2011 Migration

The tool is on the 2011 DVD, don't think it's downloadable as what use would it be without SBS media. If there's no tools folder on your DVD there is something far wrong with your media.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

This is a brand new media kit. Unsealed yesterday. Not a scratch on them. Also tried reading the DVDs in other ROMs. I dont get it. Looks like I am going to Download the entire trial of 6.8Gb to get one folder.

Comment

On page 18 of the MS document on migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 it says to insert the SBS 2011 DVD into the source (SBS 2003) server. When the splash screen comes up there is a choice to Install the Migration Preparation Tool. Have you done this? What were the results? At the end of running the Preparation Tool, you are given the chance to create the answer file.

Comment

Working...
        X