Default username

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default username

How do I set a default username format so when adding a new user it automatically sticks to a convention?
    yaro

Re: Default username

UTFW
    You get a choice of a few in a drop down box.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

True but not the one I want which is forename.surename. Also I want it to be the default choice since someone else is setting up users and I don't want that person to get confused.
      yaro

Comment

Not in TFWikipedia innit...

Comment

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_t...-policies.html

Specifically:
          As you can see in Figure 6, you can choose between 7 local E-mail address parts. The local part of an e-mail address is the name format appearing before the “at sign (@)”. If none of the default 7 local parts fit what you need to use for your E-mail address Policy, you can use the variables listed in Table 1 below.

Variable

Description

%g

Used for given name (first name)

%i

Used for middle initial

%s

Used for surname (last name)

%d

Used for display name

%m

Used for Exchange alias

%xs

Uses the x number of letters of the surname. For example if x=2, then the first two letters of the surname are used.

%xg

Uses the x number of letters of the given name. For example, if x=2, then the first two letters of the given name are used.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X