Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining domain without connect computer wizard

Hello:
    I have need to connect a WindowsXP based sheet metal cutting controller system to our domain so that it can be accessed remotely from other system on the domain. Normally I would simply run the Connect Computer Wizard and be done. Problem is the Connect Computer wizard only works if there is 1 enabled network adapter installed. The metal sutting system is a closed bux deal and has 2 network adapters installed. One for connecting to a network, the other is used internally for a virtual network. I can't disable the virtual network connection because it causes the system to reboot and re-enables it. I therefore need to connect the computer to the domain without using the wizard and I want to insure I do this correcly.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Joining domain without connect computer wizard

You can join the computer to the domain as you would in a non-SBS environment (Right click My Computer, Properties, Computer Name tab) but this won't put the machine in the MyBusiness=>SBS Computers OU nor will it show up in the SBS console. There may be a couple of other issues, but they are correctable if there's no way you can use the Connect Computer site.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Joining domain without connect computer wizard

If the computer has access to the network where the SBS server lives then you should be able to use the connect wizard to join it to the domain. If it doesn't have access to the SBS network then you won't be able to join it to the domain, regardless of which method you use.

Comment

Working...
      X