Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed: Import Certificate to RWW [SBS 2008]

Good morning.

Yesterday, I RENEWED my SSL Certificate with GoDaddy.

I ran the SBS "Add A Trusted Certificate" Wizard and pasted the request into the GoDaddy site.

After downloading the certificate file (for IIS7), I returned to the SBS Wizard and attempted to upload the certificate.

It FAILED: The Imported Certificate does not match your Web Site.

Can anyone offer any pointers as to where I may have slipped up?

Best Reagrds,
    Stephen

Re: Failed: Import Certificate to RWW [SBS 2008]

I think the renew functionality doesn't work... at least that has been my experience. I seem to recall that the renew process either uses 1024 or 4096 when 2048 key length is required for GoDaddy.

You'll have to go through the validation process again but just generate a new CSR (instead of renewing). On GoDaddy's site you then can use that for the renewal credit. Call up GoDaddy and have them walk you through it since you've already used the credit. You should be able to rekey the cert using a new CSR.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      I think the renew functionality doesn't work... at least that has been my experience.
      OK, thanks for that.

I'll give them a call.

Stephen

Comment

Dear All / JeremyW,

I have managed to fix this. It wasn't anything to do with the GoDaddy Certificate itself (or the SBS Certificate Wizard).

Having looked at the "trustedcert.log", I noticed an issue relating to SharePoint (which we do not use): "No such site : SBS SharePoint". For some reason, SharePoint doesn't appear to be installed / configured (or has become corrupted) and therefore the SSL Certificate couldn't bind to it.

Within IIS Manager, there was a "SharePoint - 80" Site, but no "SBS SharePoint" Site.

Therefore, I followed the instructions below to create a new "SBS SharePoint" Web Site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...30(WS.10).aspx

I'm pleased to report that the SSL Certificate installed successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
        Stephen

Comment

Thanks for posting back with your solution!
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X