No announcement yet.

User Properties Mismatch

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Properties Mismatch

Recently did a migration from SBS2003 to SBS2011 for a client. While I don't know if this issue was present prior to the migration, it was only brought to my attention now.

There is a user (example username: sales) that was used by another employee in the past (name: michelle). When other employees within the organization start to email the SALES user, the recommendation that comes up in outlook shows as: Sales <michelle>

The other problem, is that some emails that users receive from the SALEs user, they comes in as if they were sent from the older user "Michelle".

How is it that i can correct these issues?

Re: User Properties Mismatch

What "recommendation"?
    If it is Outlook that gives you the sales <Michelle> as you start to type then that is part of the Outlook Nickname file and you just delete it as it appears in Outlook (Press DEL when the name is highlighted).
    You have to do this for each user that has a profile on each machine.
    Last edited by teiger; 1st September 2011, 02:22. Reason: Typo and formatting

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Re: User Properties Mismatch

I tried deleting it, but it came back right away, which leads me to think it is part of the GAL that Outlook is getting.