Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP through VPN problem after improper shutdown of server

Hi all,
    I have a SBS 2003 box at home. There are two NICs, one connected to the internet and the other to the internal network. The server works as router, DNS and DHCP. There is RASS and terminal server as well. I work very often away from home and I connect to it through a VPN (IPSEC or PPTP).
    All has been right until a couple of days ago. I am not at home, but have checked the logs on the server and there was an unexpected power cut and the server started after the power came back. The problem is that when I connect to the VPN, everything seems to work fine with the exception of the HTTP protocol through the VPN. My emails, terminal server, updates, access to drives, etc work fine, but not the browser neither the emails that are set up through imap. They connect to the host, but eventually it times out...
    I also have a proxy-server in the server and if I use the proxy directly (overriding the VPN) it works fine and I have tried also the browser in the server itself, which works flawless.
    It seems to me that there is a problem with the routing of HTTP from the VPN port to the default gateway in the server?
    I cannot see any problem in the logs though... please, any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Adan

Re: HTTP through VPN problem after improper shutdown of server

SBS thread moved to the SBS area...
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

have you tried doing a controlled, normal shutdown and restart?

I would suggesat maybe doing a save&clear of the event logs first
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Also UTFW and rerun the VPN Wizard (takes about 2 secs)
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X