Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008: NTFS permissions to a security group not working

Hi,

I have a SBS 2008 Server where I created a security group called Account. I fill this group with four users. Then a created a folder, give share permissions and on the NTFS permissons removed the Everyone and Domain\Users. After that I add the security group Account and give to this group Change permission beside the other permissons.

When I use a computer from one of the users of the group Account I can't access the folder. If I go back to the NTFS permissons and add one of the users, that user can access the folder.

What I'm doing wrong? This seems to be diffrent from SBS 2003.

Regards,
    Edgar Santos

Re: SBS 2008: NTFS permissions to a security group not working

NTFS permissions based on group membership requires the user to log off and back on to have the new group membership reflected in their security token.

Comment

Re: SBS 2008: NTFS permissions to a security group not working

Have you remembered to give the Accounts group both share and file directory permissions?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X