Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade from SBS2003? (Was: Server question)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from SBS2003? (Was: Server question)

I have a client that currently is running MS SB server 2003. They asked me to upgrade them.
    Is it a good idea to upgrade them to Microsoft SB Server 2008? How difficult is the migration process? They only have like 12 active users.
    It is in the domain environment.
    Advice please.

Re: Server question

SBS 2011 is the current version
    Look at www.SBSMigration.com for a pathway/tools -- well worth buying

Since 2011 offers a lot of new features, and 2003 is getting to end of life, well worth doing the upgrade.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Upgrade from SBS2003? (Was: Server question)

I will go further. 2011 now has 2 versions for up to 25 users. SBS 2011 Standard which is what you are used to and has Server and Exchange (and sharepoint). But there is also SBS 2011 Essentials for 25 users which loses Exchange (or actually intends you to move it to the cloud - online versio) and gains client machines' full backups.
      Check out which version is suitable for you.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X