I have these specs in hand.
    2 X 80Gb SSD in Raid 0.
    4 X 500Gb in Raid 10
    3 X 1 Tb in Raid 5.
    16GB Ram
    AMD 1100T
    Gigabyte Motherboard
    LSI 9650SE-8lpml.

I am using this as a test enviroment. As noted by other members, I do not need to use raid 10 on the sbs 2008. I have set up my SBS 2008 installation in Raid 10 and currently I have made a mistake of setting it up as 420Gb as C: partition and D: as backup 423Gb.

I installed my OS 2008 R2 in Raid 0 SSD and switch on Hyper V. I setup the SBS on physical hard disc Raid 10 as LUN and it works properly. Problem is, if I want to change it to production machine and change the sbs 2008 c: to mirror it in Raid 1, what would I need to do to have it succesfully done? I will delete the data on d:

Re: SBS 2008 server

I cant post urls yet, but do a google search for Fog Project

Take an image, re-RAID, the then reinstall image..
    Last edited by ikenga; 13th July 2011, 14:03. Reason: Spelling

Use backup in SBS (essentially an image), delete and repartition. Then do a bare metal restore.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Originally posted by teiger View Post
        Use backup in SBS (essentially an image), delete and repartition. Then do a bare metal restore.

I tried to change it a few times and doesn't work. I eventually have to reinstall the whole server as I keep on getting blue screen.

Thank you....