SBS 2008 backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 backup

For some reason the backup started running very slowly. It used to take around 7 hours and now it takes almost 24. The only change that happened recently was moving the mailbox store and some user data onto a different disk in the array. The backup was reconfigured since and even tested by selecting only the old disk with no difference. When leaving the backup it succeeds in the end. The backup log shows that the backup which was supposed to run according to the schedule fails in the meantime as other backup is running. Not sure if this is OK as you would thing the backup should just skip to the next scheduled time. Anyway, any ideas what could be the reason of it running so slowly?
    yaro

Re: SBS 2008 backup

I can't comment on your performance issues as you will have to identify the botleneck.
    However, I have noticed that making a new schedule does NOT remove the old one, so one fails whilst the new one is running. I have only been able to get around that by deleting all and starting again!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I deleted the old schedule through Scheduled Tasks console. It's just because the current backup runs so long that it gets to the point where the next scheduled backup should be starting so that one fails. Unfortunately you can't see what's going on and what is the backup stuck on. Tried 4 different disks and they all do the same so it's not the disks. Can't see how can I test anything else that would impact the backup speed.

Comment

What is the server hardware as I have seen another thread on this topic...?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X