No announcement yet.

Group Policy Scope does not stick

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Scope does not stick

Hi all!
    I have a Windows 2001 SBS Standard and some GPO's. All are fine except that I want two GPO settings so I have created two GPOs; one has some settings that are for regular users and the other one is for their boss. Now in the boss GPO, the permission is correct, policy is working an all is fine. BUT in the regular users GPO, users are all in, but the user (BOSS) is also in there, so I deleted security permission and also security scope. But after a while, the security scope gets reseted back and the BOSS user is again in that scope. How can I prevent this behavior? What am I missing?
    The policy is default Windows 2011 Users policy - do I have to delete this one and recreate it from scratch?
    Thanks all in advance!
    Regards, D

Re: Group Policy Scope does not stick

What is your OS version? You are talking about windows 2001, Windows 2011..
    We have Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2003, 2003 R2, 2000.

Where do you apply these GPOs?
    You can put regular users and management stuff in separate OUs and apply the proper GPO.
    OR, include security filtering. Apply security filtering based on the AD group membership.

Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Re: Group Policy Scope does not stick

Sorry for the confusion - it is windows SBS 2011 not 2001 - a typo
      secondly - all the users are in the same OU inside the AD, but the policy has to be different for one user then all the others - the problem is that they have to be in the same OU in AD, but the security restriction for GPO (which I created in Group Policy Manager) has to be apart...I hope that I make sense :s