Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWW authentication error (SBS2008)

Hello and thanks for reading,

Our SBS is working perfectly for 6 months now, I'm very happy with it. Yesterday some of the users wanted to have the possibility to access their computers from home via the RWW. I've been using this feature since the begining and I thought that it would work well. But the problem is that I can't log-in to the RWW from certain users, I don't know why.

I can log-in from some standard users but not from others. It doesn't matter the client computer I try. It looks something related to the user account, but I can't figure it out.

The users I try to log in are in the remote access security group, and have enabled access to the RWW and internal website.

If I create a new user just for testing, I can login to the RWW and RDP with no problem, but I can't from some of the existing users.

I googled it for many hours with no sucess. The people have problems for remote desktop from RWW, but I can't even get access to the remote web workplace.

Does somebody have an idea of what can be happening, I can't find anything in the event viewer.

Thanks for your help.

Jud

Re: RWW authentication error (SBS200

the error they are getting would help, for a starting point.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks tehcamel!

You get to the RWW landing page, then after you enter the credentials you get the error "The user name or password is incorrect. Verify that CAPS LOCK is not on,
      and then retype the current user name and password. If you receive this
      message again, contact your system administrator"

Is there any place in the server where I can retrieve more information of the error?

Tahnks agains

Comment

I'd be checking IIS; more so the RPC VD to ensure NTLM and Basic authentication methods are enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim_k View Post
          I'd be checking IIS; more so the RPC VD to ensure NTLM and Basic authentication methods are enabled.
          Thanks ibrahim_k,

I try to login from the same computer I can login with the administrator and some other users, so it's not related with the IIS, IE or computer configuration/firewall etc.

I also have a trusted SSL certificate installed and working properly

I can't figure it out because is a user related problem.

Jud

Comment

try logging on with the domain, just ot be sure

ie \\domain\user rather than just user
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
              try logging on with the domain, just ot be sure

ie \\domain\user rather than just user
              Thanks tehcamel,

I get the same error.

From my W7 desktop computer, i connect to the https://remote.mycompany.com
              I get to the logon.aspx and then, I can log-in as administrator and also as other standard users, but not with some of them... I don't understand it.

Jud

Comment

Go in to the SBS Console. Check the users are allowed remote access, and to which machines they are allowed access.
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks Teiger,

The users I'm having problems, have all these remote access permissions enabled, but still can't access.

I decided to create new users for them and now it does work... I'll never know why they didn't work.

Have a nice day,

Jud

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                  Go in to the SBS Console. Check the users are allowed remote access, and to which machines they are allowed access.

Comment

Working...
                  X