Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs2011 WITH ISA 2004

Hi Guys,

Have a customer with server 2003 running 2003 domain, they have another server joined to the domain running ISA server 2004, + one exchange 2003 server, I have proposed they purchase SBS2011 as a way forward, as they only have 15 users.

They would like to keep ISA 2004 to protect their network from the internet.

I know that ISA 2004 won't install on SBS2011.

Does anyone one see any problem with removing ISA2004 server(which is installed on server 2003) from the current domain, then joining it to the new SBS011 domain to run as a member sever to protect their network.

Kind Regards
    Mark Jones

Re: sbs2011 WITH ISA 2004

how were youy planning on migrating the existing domain..

I ask this because if you're doing a swing migration, there's nothing to really worry about..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi tehcamel,

I was going to do a clean install of SBS2011 then join the pcs to the new domain, all the workstations are XP with roaming profiles, so that side of things should be straight forward.

Main concern is, would server 2003std with isa 2004sp3, join and function correctly with the sbs2011 domain.

Regards Mark Jones

Comment

yep, there should be no concerns with that.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

hOW DO YOU GIVE REP POINTS?

Comment

Found it......

Comment

There are no technical problems with what you propose - just licensing ones.
              ISA is no longer part of SBS since 2008. Even so, you cannot take out the ISA 2004 server from SBS 2003 and install it on a separate server - legally.
              I had a couple of SA customers who got 2008 under SA and also ISA 2006 to compensate them for the loss of ISA in the suite - but your SBS 2003 will no longer have a valid SA on them to get that.
              Apart from which, ISA (or TMG as it morphed into) is now officially dead
              So be careful.
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
              X