Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal client error

hi.

the problem - today i came to work after the weekend and tried to log on to server (SBS2000), and the Terminal server client threw this error: "Because of a protocol error, the session will be disconected. Please try to reconnect" - What does that mean???? I'm trying to reconnect for an hour already but no results, the same error. I've reinstalled the Terminal services client, restarted the server, but it still does the same. All other things work just fine - Internet connections on client computers, exchange and so on.
    Last edited by Dartsas; 7th November 2005, 10:22.

Re: Terminal client error

How many clients are experiencing this on the network?
    If you go to a command prompt and type the following:
    telnet your_server_name_here 3389
    Do you get a window with only a flashing cursor in the top left corner?

Comment

yes, it does flash for some time, after that "Connection to host lost".

By the way, what does this command "telnet 3389"?

Comment

Are the terminal server services running on the server.

Comment

well, I can't login and find out

It doesn't let me login nor as a user nor as an admin. But I guess they are working just fine, 'cause all other things work - ISA, SQL, Exchange and so on. All the client computers can access their mail and internet. I can access the drives of the server on a network. Only the Terminal connection doesn't work.

Comment

No you can't login via terminal services.

Login via the normal route to the server hosting the Terminal Server and check there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dartsas
              By the way, what does this command "telnet 3389"?
              It means that the port is functional. 3389 is used to communicate with TS.
              http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;187628

Comment

You should probably check the event viewer on the server in question for errors that are being logged.

If there's nothing there make sure the Terminal Services service is starting.
                Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well, the problem is gone anyway. It just started working without me doing anything. And I still don't know what was wrong. Terminal service WAS working, event viewer didn't show anything unusual. I don't like things like that .

Comment

Working...
                  X