SBS 2011 Fax "REIRRAC ON"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 Fax "REIRRAC ON"

Since migrating to SBS 2011, we have noticed that some of the faxes received have unusual subjects when sent via email.

They normally come through as:

"Fax server SERVERNAME received a new fax from 011101010101"

Since our migration we have received 16 faxes. 5 of these have had mangled subjects.

3 of the five have "NO CARRIER" in reverse "REIRRAC ON" or a part of the phrase appended to the subject such as:

011101010101 REIRRAC .
    011101010101REIRRAC O.
    011101010101EIRRAC ON

1 of the five has the fax number replaced with
    1REIRRAC ON .

A final one has "F\Fܿ." appended to the phone number.

The fax itself comes through fine.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this as to whether it is likely to be an SBS issue or not. It all worked fine on SBS 2003. The modem is a new US Robotics serial port modem that was automatically recognised by SBS 2011

Re: SBS 2011 Fax "REIRRAC ON"

Is this a bulk standard US Enlish Language SBS or do you have other languages installed/added there?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Im honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      It is British English (selected at installation time) with no additional languages.

Comment

Hello did anybody sort this "REIRRAC" message out?

I am having the same messages on my SBS2011 faxes.

Comment

I'm afraid not, we have just had to ignore it. We do also find the sbs 2011 service to be far more unreliable than the 2003 one and have to keep restarting it.

Comment

Working...
          X