Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOL via RWW - Are there any free solutions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOL via RWW - Are there any free solutions?

Hi,

I have found a couple of pay to download solutions for WOL via the remote client in SBS 2008 butI was wondering if anyone has any alternative solutions?

Theres a pint in it for ya!
    Last edited by 5habbaranks; 6th April 2011, 09:01.

Re: WOL via RWW - Are there any free solutions?

What is WAL? Basing an assumption on your thread title, do you mean WOL?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Oooops typo - sorry. I have edited it now. And yes I did mean wake on lan

Comment

Originally posted by 5habbaranks View Post
        Hi,

I have found a couple of pay to download solutions for WOL via the remote client in SBS 2008 butI was wondering if anyone has any alternative solutions?

Theres a pint in it for ya!
        Thanks, but I don't drink warm pommie beer. :0

Just to make sure I understand correctly. You want to WOL a workstation when you remotely connect to it via SBS RWW?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Nothing wrong with our beer - spent 12 months travelling Oz could have paid off the mortgage with the price of Ozzie beer! Cant beet barefoot radler though - lovely!!

As for my question, obviously RWW connection to your desktop only works when the workstation is turned on. So someone has to be in the office to turn the box on. If a user can trigger a WOL event when they connect to the initial screen - where you get the emails,connect to desktop etc that would be blumin amazin

Comment

The only one I know of is by MVP Ollie Sommer and is not free!
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Given the money your company will save on its power bills, a small one-off fee seems quite reasonable
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Went for the RemoteStartup 2008 in the end. Seems to work very well.

Comment

Working...
                X