No announcement yet.

SBS 2011 Teamed NICs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 Teamed NICs

I found out the other day that NIC teaming is not supported in SBS...which I think is rubbish - but anyway...

The issue I have is that I need to generate a CSR and apply the cert to the server. In my experience I've found all sorts of issues of doing this if it's done manually thru powershell for instance, rather than using the SBS console.

Now, I can't run the 'Add a trusted certificate' wizard as it says 'Cannot find a domain name on your server' (which there is - Exchange is working fine)

If I try and run the 'Set up your Internet Address' wizard (to get the domain name bit working) It says 'In order to register a domain name, you must first run the Connect to Internet Wizard'

When I run the 'Connect to the Internet Wizard', I get 'Cannot find a connected network adapter'.

The server's functional, email's coming in and going out etc etc, but because I've got teamed NICs it can't detect the virtual adapter (originally named Local Area Connection 3, but changed to Local Area Connection - didn't fix problem)

The certificate is the last thing I need to do on the server. Does anyone have any idea as to how I can apply it without having to dissolve the team, and re running the wizards? Ideally we would like to keep it teamed for redundancy.

Re: SBS 2011 Teamed NICs

There is no other way that I know of, except your last sentence. SBS 2008/11 does not support multiple NICs, end of. Doesn't matter how they are configured. The wizards won't even run with multiple IPs on the one permitted NIC.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog

Do you know of a way of installing the cert without using the wizard? Or not worth the hassle?

Use the wizard - you will just need to fix your unsupported configuration first.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Thanks for your replies.

Unteam the NICS. Disable one
            Run the wizards.
            Reenable NIC
            Reteam the NICS.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.