2008 SBS RWW certificate error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 SBS RWW certificate error

Logged into the machine as either the domain admin or the local admin and get the same error when trying to add the certificate from \\sites\public\downloads. This happens on both a Windows XP and Windows 7 machine.

OS version is 5.
    Initial the CDP dialogue.
    PC Radio button is clicked.
    Install the cert on PC.
    Opening cert store.
    Failed to add cert to the store. Error Code: [-2147024891]
    Initial the Finish dialogue.

Therefore I am getting the "To connect to Remote Web Workplace you must have the proper certificate. Contact the person who provides technical support for your network" error when a user tries to connect via RWW. Only have the self-signed cert that came with SBS 2008.

Can this be installed any other way than running the application? I have tried adding the certificate and letting it install automatically and also put it in Trusted Root Certificates with no luck.

Just so I am clear, I install this certificate on the inside machine I am trying to connect to from the outside correct?

Would it be easier to get a UCC cert?

Re: 2008 SBS RWW certificate error

You can't run the cert install directly from the share. You need to copy it to the local pc and then double click on it.

Comment

Re: 2008 SBS RWW certificate error

Originally posted by mvalpreda View Post
      Just so I am clear, I install this certificate on the inside machine I am trying to connect to from the outside correct?

Would it be easier to get a UCC cert?
      No, the certificate goes on the external machine that you are connecting from, as that machine must trust the SBS cert for RWW to work.

I am in the minority here, but I've never had any bother getting SBS self-signed certs to work for RWW and ActiveSync, so I wouldn't bother buying a UCC cert.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X