No announcement yet.

mycompanyweb on sbs 2003 how to disable it

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mycompanyweb on sbs 2003 how to disable it

Hi All, well this is my first post and very excited and hope I can find the answer to my question here.

We just finish setting up a sbs 2003 server for a company

during setup we setup the domain as insteat of companyx.local,

the sbs2003 is the dns server for all workstations in order to email to work properly.

Now the company website companyx. com , is hosted outside the network, however when any user inside the domain try to access it gets an error message.

how do I tell the server to route any request for companyx. com to the outside and not to the server itself?? should I disable the mycompanyweb option on sbs and if yes how do I do it

Hope the question is clear enough

Thank you in advance

Re: mycompanyweb on sbs 2003 how to disable it

The short answer is you need to set up split DNS.
    Simply put an A record in the DNS on the SBS - zone - for www, pointing to the external IP of the site.
    As for disabling compayweb - why bother! Just ignore it until such time as you are ready for using sharepoint.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Re: mycompanyweb on sbs 2003 how to disable it

Worked like a charm

Thanks a million