No announcement yet.

fix my network wizard

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix my network wizard

Hi everyone
    When I run" fix my network " in my SBS 2008 I get error "no primary network adapter found" .What does it mean? SBS works fine but I have every times every day system error 10016. I did clean install SBS 2008 on test server and got same resultes. Is it microsoft bug?

Re: fix my network wizard

Is your Local area connection set as your primary connection?

Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

There is only one LAN. Second network adapter unpluged.

Do the two adapters show up in Windows? I appreciate that they work but I've seen a server where they don't appear before, while connectivity remains.

Try disabling the disconnected adapter.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

SBS 2008/11 only supports one NIC, so the install should have automatically disabled all except the one in use. As gforce said, disable the second adapter if it is not already.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          Cruachan's Blog

Thank u guys. The second NIC (Local Area Connection 2) disabled ,but I dont think that it is an issue. On test server there is only one NIC and I have The same error

That article fixed my event id 10016.

Below is an article I found for no primary nic found while running the fix my network wizard. Looks like a registry fix.