• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 - Deploying Word Templates using GPO

i wold like to add word templates to local PC with GPO

Please Help
    Ofer

Re: SBS 2008 - Deploying Word Templates using GPO

Either use the Office ADM files to set the templates path to a share on the server, or use a startup script to copy the files from the server to each workstation.

You say "please help", but don't tell us what the problem is or what you've tried.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Version of Word?

Agree with above, use correct Office adm file to set a "workgroup template" path
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i have word 2007 + 2010

i use ADM for 2010 and 2007 and script

but i wish to know if i can use GPO to force a local copy of the files

Comment

Yes - with the script. However, it's surely preferable to point computers at a shared directory on the server (made available offline for laptop users if necessary).
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X